Creamy Cranberry Apple Salad Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 medium apples, diced
- 1/2 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. Coarsely chop the cranberries; place in a large bowl. Stir in marshmallows and sugar. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 2. Just before serving, stir in the apples, grapes, walnuts and salt. Fold in whipped topping. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Creamy Cranberry Apple Salad
"We have had this salad for Thanksgiving for over 30 years. My mother-in-law first made this and it has been a tasty and beautiful addition on our table ever since. We substitute pecans for the walnuts. My daughter and I love to have it for our "breakfast" the following day!"
"this is a recipe handed down from my mother and our family favorite.We make this every Thanksgiving . When I take it to any function, People rave about it. and it is the most beautiful color!Strawberry Lady"
"This salad is amazing!!!!!!!! I would give it higher than 5 stars if I could. Absolutely delicious! It shot right to the top of my favorites list."
"After serving this recipe at a family gathering, my mom, sister-in-law and mother-in-law all went home with a copy of the recipe! Not only is it delicious, attractive to serve, and easy to assemble - beginning the preparation the night before is a real advantage as well. Thanks for sharing the recipe!"