For over 30 years, this recipe has been a holiday tradition in my family. With marshmallows, cranberries, apples and grapes, it has a sweet-tart flavor and comforting creaminess that appeals to all ages.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 medium apples, diced
- 1/2 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Coarsely chop the cranberries; place in a large bowl. Stir in marshmallows and sugar. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, stir in the apples, grapes, walnuts and salt. Fold in whipped topping. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Cranberry Apple Salad in Country Extra November 2006, p51
Reviews for Creamy Cranberry Apple Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review