Creamy Crab Wontons
How about a fast festive appetizer just for two? These hot, crispy little bites boast a rich creamy filling with a hint of crab. “They simply melt in your mouth,” promises Robin Boynton of Harbor Beach, Michigan. Suggestion: serve wontons with plum sauce or sweet-and-sour sauce for dipping.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons canned crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onion
- 6 wonton wrappers
- Oil for frying
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, crab and onion. Place 1
- rounded teaspoonful in the center of each wonton wrapper. Moisten
- wrapper edges with water; fold in half lengthwise and press firmly
- to seal.
- Keeping the filling in the center, again fold wonton wrapper
- lengthwise. Moisten the top of the short edges with water. Bring the
- two top edges from opposite sides together, overlapping the edges;
- press and seal (finished wonton resembles a nurse's hat).
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry wontons
- for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper
- towels. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer