Creamy Crab Wontons Recipe
How about a fast festive appetizer just for two? These hot, crispy little bites boast a rich creamy filling with a hint of crab. “They simply melt in your mouth,” promises Robin Boynton of Harbor Beach, Michigan. Suggestion: serve wontons with plum sauce or sweet-and-sour sauce for dipping.
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons canned crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onion
- 6 wonton wrappers
- Oil for frying
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, crab and onion. Place 1 rounded teaspoonful in the center of each wonton wrapper. Moisten wrapper edges with water; fold in half lengthwise and press firmly to seal.
- Keeping the filling in the center, again fold wonton wrapper lengthwise. Moisten the top of the short edges with water. Bring the two top edges from opposite sides together, overlapping the edges; press and seal (finished wonton resembles a nurse's hat).
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry wontons for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Crab Wontons in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p37
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Creamy Crab Wontons
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2014
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizer Recipes for Two >
- Appetizers >
- Appetizers for Two >
- Asian Appetizers >
- Asian Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Easy Appetizer Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Easy Finger Foods >