Creamy Crab with Artichoke Dippers
—Shirley Hewitt, Milwaukie, Oregon
8 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 2 large artichokes
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- Place artichokes upside down in a steamer basket; place the basket in
- a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for
- 25-35 minutes or until or until leaves near the center pull out
- easily. Remove artichokes from the basket. Invert artichokes to
- drain for 10 minutes; refrigerate until chilled.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, onion,
- Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce; stir in crab. Cover and
- chill for several hours.
- Just before serving, transfer crab dip to a serving bowl. Remove
- leaves from artichokes to use as dippers. Yield: 2 cups.