- 2 large artichokes
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- Place artichokes upside down in a steamer basket; place the basket in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 25-35 minutes or until or until leaves near the center pull out easily. Remove artichokes from the basket. Invert artichokes to drain for 10 minutes; refrigerate until chilled.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, onion, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce; stir in crab. Cover and chill for several hours.
- Just before serving, transfer crab dip to a serving bowl. Remove leaves from artichokes to use as dippers. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Creamy Crab with Artichoke Dippers in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2006, p39
Reviews for Creamy Crab with Artichoke Dippers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Artichoke Dip >
- Artichoke Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Crab Dip >
- Crab Dip Recipes >
- Dip Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >