Creamy Crab Soup Recipe
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 pints half-and-half cream
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of asparagus soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until heated through (do not boil). Yield: 14 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
1 cup: 243 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 618mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Crab Soup
"This is a great crab soup!!! I did not use the imitation crab. (I'm a Marylander, and this is against all we believe in when it comes to crab meat.) Anyway, very easy recipe. I will definitely keep this one!!"
"I made this soup and loved it! My husband could not stop raving over it. I used cream of clery soup instead of cream of asparagus. I added one small can of Green Giant niblets corn in the last few minutes of cooking; since we are not crazy about corn in soups. Any amount of can corn works just as well as frozen and does not need thawing. This makes a large pot and we ate it for two days. I also shared with a friend. She and her husband loved it and she asked for the recipe to make it for family and friends who come from out of town. I have a great recipe for crab soup that a friend shared a few years ago, but this one is much better and not nearly as much work to make. Yes it is definitely a keeper and will be used many times over in the future."