- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 pints half-and-half cream
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of asparagus soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until heated through (do not boil). Yield: 14 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Creamy Crab Soup
"This soup is awesome and so easy to make. The dill weed really makes the soup. The leftovers were even better. The flavors had more time to develop. This will be made many times. Thanks for a great recipe."
"This is a great crab soup!!! I did not use the imitation crab. (I'm a Marylander, and this is against all we believe in when it comes to crab meat.) Anyway, very easy recipe. I will definitely keep this one!!"
"I made this soup and loved it! My husband could not stop raving over it. I used cream of clery soup instead of cream of asparagus. I added one small can of Green Giant niblets corn in the last few minutes of cooking; since we are not crazy about corn in soups. Any amount of can corn works just as well as frozen and does not need thawing. This makes a large pot and we ate it for two days. I also shared with a friend. She and her husband loved it and she asked for the recipe to make it for family and friends who come from out of town. I have a great recipe for crab soup that a friend shared a few years ago, but this one is much better and not nearly as much work to make. Yes it is definitely a keeper and will be used many times over in the future."