Creamy Crab Salad Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) medium shell pasta
- 1 package (16 ounces) imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons pepper
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add crab, onions, carrot, cucumber and green pepper. Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, sugar, seasoned salt, vinegar and pepper; pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 370 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 703 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.