This easy-on-the-pocket salad beautifully dresses up economical imitation crab. My husband's grandmother gladly shared the recipe. —Barb Stanton, Winona, Minnesota
Recommended: The 99 Most American Recipes Ever
- 1 package (16 ounces) medium shell pasta
- 1 package (16 ounces) imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons pepper
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add crab, onions, carrot, cucumber and green pepper. Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, sugar, seasoned salt, vinegar and pepper; pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Crab Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p204
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Creamy Crab Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2017
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2010
"Very tasty, I would definitely make this again!"
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2009
"excellent crab salad,even better the next day!"
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2009