- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup lump crabmeat, drained
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Assorted crackers
- In a large heavy saucepan over low heat, combine the first nine ingredients. Cook and stir until cream cheese is melted and mixture is heated through. Stir in crab and 2 tablespoons parsley; heat through.
- Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with almonds, paprika and remaining parsley. Serve warm with crackers. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3-1/4 cups.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Crab Dip
"Very tasty dip. I leave out the almonds and serve with crusty bread. It bakes up well in a crock pot, too!"
"love how quick it was to make, and the creamy crab flavor was a nice treat"