“This irresistible dip, served warm, never fails to gather guests around the bowl with veggies and crackers in hand. It's been a staple on my appetizer table for over 20 years.” —Teri Lindquist, Gurnee, Illinois
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup lump crabmeat, drained
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Assorted crackers
- In a large heavy saucepan over low heat, combine the first nine ingredients. Cook and stir until cream cheese is melted and mixture is heated through. Stir in crab and 2 tablespoons parsley; heat through.
- Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with almonds, paprika and remaining parsley. Serve warm with crackers. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3-1/4 cups.
Originally published as Creamy Crab Dip in Country Woman December/January 2009, p26
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Crab Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review