Creamy Crab Bisque Recipe
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute celery, onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Add the next nine ingredients; mix well. Stir in crab; heat through. Discard the bay leaves.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup: 179 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 484mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Crab Bisque
"This has been a hit in our family for years now! We love to serve it with cheddar biscuits. I use a touch of cayenne instead of hot sauce and it works great."
"Oh my gosh...this was sooo good! I made half a recipe because there are only 2 of us. I used 2 cans of crabmeat (and will use 4 cans when I make a full recipe) and the full 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder. Also, I omitted the green pepper since hubby doesn't like it and omitted the hot pepper sauce since neither of us like spicy seasonings. Otherwise, I followed the recipe and we were practically licking the pan after it was all gone! Hubby (also known as Mr. Picky) requested the full recipe the next time and asked when that would be. I'm sure it will be soon and we might splurge and get fresh crab like loreliB did."
"Love the flavor and consistency. Fresh crab from the market. Made cheddar biscuits to go with it.."
"I reviewed a few recipes online before I made my final choice for this one and boy was it perfect!!! My family LOVED it and I can't wait to make it again. Total Prep and cook time was less than an hour!! It was just the right consistency of Creamy....follow the directions and you can't go wrong. Enjoy!!"
"I used one can of cream of mushroom to replace one of the potato soups. It was great!"