"I love to try new recipes," shares Sherrie Manton of Folsom, Louisiana. "This hearty chowder has a rich creamy broth that's swimming with tasty chunks of crab and crunchy corn."
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- In a large saucepan, saute celery, onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Add the next nine ingredients; mix well. Stir in crab; heat through. Discard the bay leaves.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Crab Bisque in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p44
Reviews for Creamy Crab Bisque
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review