Creamy Crab Bisque Recipe
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- In a large saucepan or soup kettle, saute celery, onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Add the next nine ingredients; mix well. Stir in crab; heat through. Discard bay leaves. Transfer to a freezer container; cover and freeze for up to 3 months. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Crab Bisque(2)
Sort By :
I reviewed a few recipes online before I made my final choice for this one and boy was it perfect!!! My family LOVED it and I can't wait to make it again. Total Prep and cook time was less than an hour!! It was just the right consistency of Creamy....follow the directions and you can't go wrong. Enjoy!!
I used one can of cream of mushroom to replace one of the potato soups. It was great!