Creamy Corned Beef Bake
"I remember my grandmother making this comforting casserole when my family visited her," writes Brenda Myers of Overland Park, Kansas. "Now that I'm married, I fix it for my husband and me as an easy evening meal that provides great leftovers for lunch."
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked corned beef or 1 can (12 ounces) cooked corned beef, crumbled
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 package (7 ounces) small shell pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 bread slices, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Transfer to a
- greased 2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread cubes with butter; sprinkle
- over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.