Creamy Corned Beef Bake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked corned beef or 1 can (12 ounces) cooked corned beef, crumbled
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 package (7 ounces) small shell pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 bread slices, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread cubes with butter; sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Corned Beef Bake
Sort By :
Instead of just adding onion, sauteed onion red pepper and celery and then added to corned beef soup mixture. Also topped with sliced hard boiled eggs
This was my favorite casserole growing up. We used egg noodles for the pasta and buttered crushed saltines on top.
Now, I use shredded Cheddar, cooked egg noodles, decrease the milk to 3/4 c, skip the topping, and cook this in the microwave. Some times I add french fried onions to garnish.
I made it two ways. One with the cheddar cheese, and one without the cheddar cheese. Instead i used diced celery , onion and diced green peppers. Both were very good
The only change I mad was to use 2% milk and 2% cheddar cheese.
This was a soupy mess with crunchy, raw onions that was a waste of corned beef. If I was to ever make a variation of this again, I would saute the onions before, leave out the milk or use sour cream instead of milk, leave out the bread and butter, and substitute swiss or mozzarella cheese for the ceddar. Or simply use a different recipe.