Creamy Corn Casserole
If you're looking for a different way to serve vegetables, give this recipe a try. This dish is one of my family's favorites. It just might become a favorite at your house, too.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups fresh, frozen or drained canned corn
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/3 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, optional
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- In a medium skillet, saute celery, onion and red pepper in 2
- tablespoons of butter for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are
- tender. Remove from the heat; stir in soup, corn, water chestnuts
- and almonds if desired.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with
- bread crumbs. Sprinkle on top of casserole. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 148 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 372 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.