Creamy Corn and Noodle Casserole Recipe
The cheese and noodles give this dish a unique flavor. I got the recipe from a cousin, who brought this casserole to a family reunion.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. YIELD:4-6 servings
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup cooked wide egg noodles
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup cubed process American cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup crushed saltines (about 10 crackers)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Toss cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until heated though. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 181 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 616 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC