Creamy Coffee Mix Recipe
A hint of cinnamon and a little sugar dress up instant coffee granules in this easy blend shared by Jane Fraser. Simply mix with boiling water for a change-of pace morning beverage. "My mother loved it," she writes from her home in Gig Harbor, Washington.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:5 servings
- 7 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup powdered nondairy creamer
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 cup boiling water
- Cinnamon sticks, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 2 months. Yield: 5 batches (about 1 cup total).
- 2. To prepare coffee: Contents of mix may settle during storage. Stir mix before measuring. Place 3 tablespoons coffee mix in a mug; stir in boiling water until blended. Serve with a cinnamon stick if desired. Yield: 5 servings (1 cup mix).
1 serving (3 tablespoons) equals 78 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC