A hint of cinnamon and a little sugar dress up instant coffee granules in this easy blend shared by Jane Fraser. Simply mix with boiling water for a change-of pace morning beverage. "My mother loved it," she writes from her home in Gig Harbor, Washington.
- 7 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup powdered nondairy creamer
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 cup boiling water
- Cinnamon sticks, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 2 months. Yield: 5 batches (about 1 cup total).
- To prepare coffee: Contents of mix may settle during storage. Stir mix before measuring. Place 3 tablespoons coffee mix in a mug; stir in boiling water until blended. Serve with a cinnamon stick if desired. Yield: 5 servings (1 cup mix).
Originally published as Creamy Coffee Mix in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p22
Reviews for Creamy Coffee Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review