Creamy Coconut Snowballs Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1-3/4 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 8 ounces white candy coating, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1. Line a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan with foil and grease the foil with 1/2 teaspoon butter; set aside. Place 3/4 cup coconut in a food processor; cover and process into small pieces. Add cream cheese and remaining butter; cover and process until blended. Gradually add confectioners' sugar and process until blended. Press into prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Using foil, lift coconut mixture out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut into 36 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball, a few at a time (keeping remaining pieces refrigerated).
- 3. Using a toothpick, completely dip balls, one at a time, in melted coating mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Roll in remaining coconut; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 pounds.
1 piece: 144 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Creamy Coconut Snowballs
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.