My grandmother made these cheesecake-like bites for years. They store nicely in the refrigerator so you can keep them on hand for drop-in holiday guests.—Yvonne Schaney, Alliance, Ohio
Recommended: 26 of Our Easiest Desserts Ever
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/2 cup butter, softened and divided
- 1-3/4 cups sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 8 ounces white candy coating, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Line a 9x5-in. loaf pan with foil. Grease foil with 1/2 teaspoon butter; set aside. Pulse 3/4 cup coconut in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Add cream cheese and remaining butter; pulse until blended. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; pulse until blended. Press into prepared pan. Refrigerate, covered, at least 3 hours.
- Microwave candy coating and shortening until melted; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Using foil, lift coconut mixture out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut into 36 pieces. Taking a few pieces at a time, roll each into a ball; keep remaining pieces refrigerated.
- Using a toothpick, dip balls one at a time in melted coating mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Roll in remaining coconut; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 pounds.
Originally published as Creamy Coconut Snowballs in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p70
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Coconut Snowballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review