Creamy Clam Chowder Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 3 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) minced clams
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 quart half-and-half cream
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion, carrots and celery in butter until tender. Stir in potato soup and two cans of undrained clams. Drain and discard juice from remaining can of clams; add clams to soup.
- Combine cornstarch and a 1 cup of cream until smooth; stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Gradually stir in the remaining cream; heat through. Yield: 9 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Creamy Clam Chowder
Sort By :
"Best EASY Clam Chowder I've ever made, hands down! Super base recipe that I tweaked to my families preferences. I doubled the recipe and added 4-5 cloves of minced garlic, about 2 tsps. of black pepper, some frozen sweet corn and a few cups of cooked cubed potatoes. I topped off each bowl with some crispy bacon bits and served with garlic herb biscuits - even one of my kids who doesn't care for any kind of seafood, inhaled several bowls!! Perfect meal for a chilly evening that tastes like you've been slaving in the kitchen. Do try it, you won't regret it!!"
"My search for homemade Clam Chowder is over!!! This is a keeper and pretty close to the best we have had! We like black pepper in Clam Chowder and I added it to taste while soup was cooking."
"Husband had 3 bowls and licked the ladle. Think that says it all. ;) Loved the texture and creaminess, and had just the right amount of clams in every bite. Made me miss my summers on Cape Cod when i was a kid. A real keeper of a recipe!"
"My 9 year old son chose this recipe after spending quite a bit of time looking. He was so excited to try the chowder "he chose". I have to say, WOW! It was amazing and very very easy. Thank you so much for this. It will frequent our dinner table often."
"This recipe was fantastic and very easy! I added a few extra baby yellow potatoes chopped and cooked, and also a little bit of pepper, thyme and sage for seasoning. Will absolutely make again."