Creamy Citrus Salad Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in orange juice concentrate. Cool until partially set. Fold in oranges and pineapple. Pour into an greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Chill until firm.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; fold in cream. Spread over gelatin. Chill for 30 minutes. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 slice: 196 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Creamy Citrus Salad
"When I was a child, my great aunt always made this salad for family get-togethers. Now that I have my own family, I know why it was one of her favorites to make: not only does it taste great, but it's quick and easy too!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.