This crowd-pleasing salad frequently appeared on the table while I was growing up. But with my four brothers, it never lasted long! The flavors are a nice addition to any meal.
Recommended: Favorite Summer Melon Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (6 ounces) orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in orange juice concentrate. Cool until partially set. Fold in oranges and pineapple. Pour into an greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Chill until firm.
- In a small bowl, beat milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; fold in cream. Spread over gelatin. Chill for 30 minutes. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Citrus Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p76
Reviews forCreamy Citrus Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review