Creamy Citrus Mousse
Light and fluffy, this marvelous mousse is the perfect ending to a filling holiday meal. Guests always have room for its delicate combination of tang and sweetness.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel, optional
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- Maraschino cherries, optional
- Additional grated lime peel, optional
- Dip the rims of six individual dessert dishes in lime juice, then in
- sugar; set aside. In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir
- in cold water. Refrigerate until slightly thickened, about 30
- minutes. Meanwhile, combine the whipped topping, milk, lime peel if
- desired and orange extract. Fold into gelatin. Spoon into dessert
- dishes. Refrigerate for 1 hours or until firm. Just before serving,
- garnish with cherries and lime peel if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 225 calories, 6 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.