Light and fluffy, this marvelous mousse is the perfect ending to a filling holiday meal. Guests always have room for its delicate combination of tang and sweetness.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel, optional
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- Maraschino cherries, optional
- Additional grated lime peel, optional
- Dip the rims of six individual dessert dishes in lime juice, then in sugar; set aside. In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water. Refrigerate until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the whipped topping, milk, lime peel if desired and orange extract. Fold into gelatin. Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate for 1 hours or until firm. Just before serving, garnish with cherries and lime peel if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Citrus Mousse in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p43
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Citrus Mousse
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review