Creamy Cilantro Dressing Recipe
This creamy dressing with tofu and cilantro makes a smart choice for topping salads. “I whip it up in no time,” Nancy Wherry promises from Chula Vista, California.
- 2 green onions
- 3/4 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces soft tofu, drained and crumbled (1-1/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1. Thinly slice one green onion; set aside. Cut the other onion into pieces; place in a blender. Add the cilantro, garlic, honey, oil, soy sauce, red pepper flakes and salt; cover and process until blended. Add tofu and vinegar; cover and process until smooth.
- 2. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in the sliced onion. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 2 cups.
2 tablespoons equals 29 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Creamy Cilantro Dressing
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC