This creamy dressing with tofu and cilantro makes a smart choice for topping salads. “I whip it up in no time,” Nancy Wherry promises from Chula Vista, California.
- 2 green onions
- 3/4 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces soft tofu, drained and crumbled (1-1/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- Thinly slice one green onion; set aside. Cut the other onion into pieces; place in a blender. Add the cilantro, garlic, honey, oil, soy sauce, red pepper flakes and salt; cover and process until blended. Add tofu and vinegar; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a small bowl; stir in the sliced onion. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Creamy Cilantro Dressing in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p10
Reviews for Creamy Cilantro Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 24, 2011
"This dressing is delicious though it's rather thick. It's great as a dip. I'll be making it again, though I might try to thin it out for salads."