Creamy Chunky Potato Soup Recipe
- 4 medium potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, onion, carrot, celery and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender; lightly mash.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir into potato mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add parsley, salt and pepper. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Chunky Potato Soup
Sort By :
"Used 2 cups of cheddar in place of the swiss and skipped the celery and carrots. It turned out great! Very hearty and simple to make. Everyone enjoyed it!"
"I made this for a family dinner and everyone liked it."
"A friend of mine made this and it is awesome.....I am looking forward to making it tomorrow.......Its awesome."
"I have made this soup many, many times. All of my family love it -- children, grandchildren and in-laws. It reminds me of my childhood."