Creamy Chow Mein Chicken Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) chow mein noodles, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, undrained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1. Sprinkle half of the chow mein noodles into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a bowl, combine the chicken, celery, onion, soups, milk, water chestnuts, mushrooms and cashews. Spoon over the noodles; top with remaining noodles. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 339 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 784 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.