Creamy Chow Mein Chicken Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) chow mein noodles, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, undrained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1. Sprinkle half of the chow mein noodles into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a bowl, combine the chicken, celery, onion, soups, milk, water chestnuts, mushrooms and cashews. Spoon over the noodles; top with remaining noodles. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 339 calories, 18g fat (4g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 784mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein
Reviews for Creamy Chow Mein Chicken
"Made it with turkey and through it out and made something else for dinner."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.