Looking for something different to take to potlucks? Look no further. With this tasty alternative, Mary Edwards of Vacaville, California turns basic pantry items into a tempting Asian delight.
- 1 package (6 ounces) chow mein noodles, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, undrained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Sprinkle half of the chow mein noodles into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a bowl, combine the chicken, celery, onion, soups, milk, water chestnuts, mushrooms and cashews. Spoon over the noodles; top with remaining noodles. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Chow Mein Chicken in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p61
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Chow Mein Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 26, 2011 Edited Feb. 1, 2015
"Made it with turkey and through it out and made something else for dinner."