Creamy Chocolate Rice Pudding Recipe
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the milk, rice, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes or until thick and creamy, stirring often. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- 2. Place 1 cup chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Slowly stir into rice mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3. Stir in remaining chips. Spoon into dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup (calculated without whipped cream): 368 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Chocolate Rice Pudding
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.