Creamy Chocolate Rice Pudding Recipe
While feeling bored one summer afternoon, I decided to create this scrumptious spin on traditional rice pudding. Now, my creative summer treat is a frequent request yearround. —Gregory Royster, North Lauderdale, Florida
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the milk, rice, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes or until thick and creamy, stirring often. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- 2. Place 1 cup chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Slowly stir into rice mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3. Stir in remaining chips. Spoon into dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup (calculated without whipped cream): 368 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Chocolate Rice Pudding
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC