- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk, rice, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes or until thick and creamy, stirring often. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Place 1 cup chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Slowly stir into rice mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Stir in remaining chips. Spoon into dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Chocolate Rice Pudding in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p68
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Creamy Chocolate Rice Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review