Creamy Chocolate Mousse
Joan Schroeder from Pinedale, Wyoming sent the recipe for this fluffy dessert that's sure to satisfy chocolate cravings. "I like to garnish servings of the mousse with strawberries," she suggests.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- Maraschino cherries and fresh mint, optional
- In a chilled small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Gradually
- add sugar and vanilla, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold in
- chocolate syrup and cocoa.
- Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with
- cherries and mint if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 285 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.