Joan Schroeder from Pinedale, Wyoming sent the recipe for this fluffy dessert that's sure to satisfy chocolate cravings. "I like to garnish servings of the mousse with strawberries," she suggests.
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- Maraschino cherries and fresh mint, optional
- In a chilled small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and vanilla, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold in chocolate syrup and cocoa.
- Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with cherries and mint if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Chocolate Mousse in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p37
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Chocolate Mousse
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2008
"This is so yummy and so easy to make!"