"Whisking up a batch of smooth-as-silk fudgy chocolate icing is a snap using this short recipe and your favorite flavor of baking chips," remarks Jeannette Mack from her home in Rushville, New York.
Recommended: 45 Valentine's Day Desserts for Your Sweetie
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- 3 to 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large saucepan, bring cream to a simmer, about 180°; remove from the heat. Stir in chocolate chips until melted.
- Place pan in a bowl of ice water; stir constantly until cooled. Gradually whisk in confectioners' sugar until smooth and thick. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Creamy Chocolate Frosting in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p64
Reviews forCreamy Chocolate Frosting
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 29, 2012
"Easy to make--and tastier than other chocolate frosting recipes I've tried. I'd recommend sifting the confectioner's sugar, but otherwise the instructions are perfect!"