"Whisking up a batch of smooth-as-silk fudgy chocolate icing is a snap using this short recipe and your favorite flavor of baking chips," remarks Jeannette Mack from her home in Rushville, New York.
Recommended: 45 Valentine's Day Desserts for Your Sweetie
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- 3 to 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large saucepan, bring cream to a simmer, about 180°; remove from the heat. Stir in chocolate chips until melted.
- Place pan in a bowl of ice water; stir constantly until cooled. Gradually whisk in confectioners' sugar until smooth and thick. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Creamy Chocolate Frosting in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p64
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Chocolate Frosting
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 29, 2012
"Easy to make--and tastier than other chocolate frosting recipes I've tried. I'd recommend sifting the confectioner's sugar, but otherwise the instructions are perfect!"