- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- 3 to 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large saucepan, bring cream to a simmer, about 180°; remove from the heat. Stir in chocolate chips until melted.
- Place pan in a bowl of ice water; stir constantly until cooled. Gradually whisk in confectioners' sugar until smooth and thick. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Chocolate Frosting
Sort By :
Easy to make--and tastier than other chocolate frosting recipes I've tried. I'd recommend sifting the confectioner's sugar, but otherwise the instructions are perfect!
A great frosting recipe. I use in on the one bowl Chocolate cake. My frosting were average before I found this recipe.
This is by far the best frosting recipe i have ever come across. Who ever said it has to go on cake? I'll catch my family eating it by the spoonful! I would suggest milk chocolate chips :)