“My husband and I have loved this cool, creamy dessert for years,” says Kay Hickman in Snyder, Texas. “Now that the recipe has been downsized for two, we don’t need company to enjoy it!”
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2-1/4 cups whipped topping, divided
- 1-1/3 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- Additional chopped pecans, optional
- In a small bowl, cut butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Press into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar; fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping and additional pecans if desired. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Dream Dessert in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p49
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Chocolate Dream Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review