Creamy Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, water, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients; mix well.
- 2. Pour into 18 greased or paper-lined muffin cups. For filling, beat cream cheese and sugar in another large bowl. Add egg and salt; mix well. Fold in the chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoonfuls into center of each cupcake. Sprinkle with nuts.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the cupcake (not the filling) comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 278 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 201mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Creamy Chocolate Cupcakes
"These are actually better the day after you make them so make them ahead of time if you can. Very good cupcakes, but one thing I found a bit misleading- there isn't a cream center like I thought there was from reading the description. Naturally since you bake the cupcake after putting the cream cheese filling in, the filling is more the consistency of cheesecake; it's not like a cupcake with a cream filling."
"omitted the nuts. This was my first cupcake recipe tried and its a winner."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.