Creamy Chocolate Crescents Recipe
"Homemade" chocolate-filled treats are easy when you start with convenient refrigerated crescent rolls. They're impressive yet easy to serve for breakfast or a midday snack. —Bill Hughes, Dolores, Colorado
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the cornstarch, melted chocolate and vanilla; beat until smooth. Unroll crescent roll dough; separate into triangles.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, butter and extract. Brush some over dough. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of chocolate mixture at the wide end of each triangle; roll up from the wide end. Place point side down on greased baking sheets; curve ends slightly. Brush with remaining glaze.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans to cool on wire racks. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 126 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Creamy Chocolate Crescents
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2011
"Elegant, yet simple to make and very yummy!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC