Creamy Chocolate Crescents Recipe
"Homemade" chocolate-filled treats are easy when you start with convenient refrigerated crescent rolls. They're impressive yet easy to serve for breakfast or a midday snack. —Bill Hughes, Dolores, Colorado
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the cornstarch, melted chocolate and vanilla; beat until smooth. Unroll crescent roll dough; separate into triangles.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, butter and extract. Brush some over dough. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of chocolate mixture at the wide end of each triangle; roll up from the wide end. Place point side down on greased baking sheets; curve ends slightly. Brush with remaining glaze.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans to cool on wire racks. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 126 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Chocolate Crescents
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2011
"Elegant, yet simple to make and very yummy!"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC