"Homemade" chocolate-filled treats are easy when you start with convenient refrigerated crescent rolls. They're impressive yet easy to serve for breakfast or a midday snack. —Bill Hughes, Dolores, Colorado
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the cornstarch, melted chocolate and vanilla; beat until smooth. Unroll crescent roll dough; separate into triangles.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, butter and extract. Brush some over dough. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of chocolate mixture at the wide end of each triangle; roll up from the wide end. Place point side down on greased baking sheets; curve ends slightly. Brush with remaining glaze.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans to cool on wire racks. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Creamy Chocolate Crescents in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p53
Reviews for Creamy Chocolate Crescents
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2011
"Elegant, yet simple to make and very yummy!"