- to yolk mixture and mix well (batter will be very thick).
- Beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add
- sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks
- form. Gradually fold into batter. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until cake springs back when
- lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes. Invert onto a kitchen towel
- dusted with baking cocoa. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake
- in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool
- completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and dry pudding mix
- until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in cream until thick.
- Unroll cake; spread 2-1/2 cups filling evenly over cake to within 1/2
- in. of edges. Roll up again. Place seam side down on a serving
- platter. Frost top, sides and ends with remaining filling. Cover and
- refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the chips, jam and cream.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until smooth,
- stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in extract. Serve with cake.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 766 calories, 56 g fat (34 g saturated fat), 270 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.