- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the egg, cream and salt; cook over low
- heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in the chives. Cool.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto lightly floured surface; divide in half.
- Roll one portion into a 16-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Spread half of
- the filling over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up
- jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seam to seal.
- Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet; pinch ends together
- to form a ring.
- With scissors, cut from the outside edge to two-thirds of the way
- toward the center of the ring at 1-in. intervals. Separate strips
- slightly; twist to allow filling to show. Melt the remaining butter;
- brush over ring. Sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds. Repeat with
- remaining dough and filling. Cover and let rise in a warm place
- until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove
- from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 rings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 118 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 169 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.