Creamy Chive Mashed Potatoes
Buttermilk and cream cheese lend a rich sour cream-like flavor to these wonderful whipped potatoes. The addition of chives makes this dish so attractive, you'll want to serve it at special-occasion dinners. —Bonnie Thompson, Rathdrum, Idaho
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; add 1
- teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for
- 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes with the cream cheese, butter,
- chives, pepper and remaining salt; gradually beat in enough
- buttermilk to achieve desired consistency. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 249 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 838 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.