Creamy Chive Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 4 ounces PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; add 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes with the cream cheese, butter, chives, pepper and remaining salt; gradually beat in enough buttermilk to achieve desired consistency. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Chive Mashed Potatoes(4)
Sort By :
This is my recipe, and I agree with a previous commenter. When I developed the recipe, I grew my own garlic chives with a strong flavor. I've discovered the fresh chives sole in the store don't have the same garlicky taste, so if I don't have garlic chives on hand, I add a little garlic powder to taste.
I love these potatoes. My mom made them for our family growing up and now I get to make them for my own family. They are always a hit!
I felt it was a little bland, so the next time I make it, I will add minced onions, garlic powder & more butter. It's probably due to the Hungarian in me. And I agree with maryclyde, it is a keeper ,
I made this wonderful dish for company last night. I used red potatoes since that was all I had. These are the best tasting potatoes you will ever eat. My guests raved about them. I'll never go back to the standard mashed potatoes! Delicious!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Mashed Potato Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >