Creamy Chipped Beef Fondue
My mother often served fondue on Christmas Eve and I've since followed in that tradition. It's nice to offer a hearty appetizer that requires very little work.
—Beth Fox, Lawrence, Kansas
More Fondue Recipes »
32 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/3 to 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (2-1/2 ounces) thinly sliced dried beef, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cubed
- In a large saucepan, heat milk and cream cheese over medium heat;
- stir until smooth. Stir in beef, onions and mustard; heat through.
- Transfer to a fondue pot or 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; keep warm. Serve
- with bread cubes. Yield: about 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 75 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.