Creamy Chipotle Pasta with Sausage Recipe
After one taste of this rich, spicy sauce, it’ll be on your short list for those nights when you need a quick belly warmer. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 2 cups frozen peas
- Hot cooked thin spaghetti
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- Saute mushrooms and red pepper in oil in the same pan until tender. Stir in the brown sugar, chipotle pepper, chili powder, salt and marjoram; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add cream, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Reduce heat.
- Add 1 cup cheese; cook and stir until melted. Stir in sausage and peas; heat through. Serve with spaghetti. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Chipotle Pasta with Sausage in Simple & Delicious February/March 2013, p14
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Chipotle Pasta with Sausage(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >