Creamy Chicken Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed and chopped
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute the onion, celery and carrot in butter until crisp-tender. Add garlic; saute for 1 minute more. Stir in the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. Combine flour and cream until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in the chicken, spinach and cheese. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 408 calories, 24 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 1,324 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken Vegetable Soup
"Simple and very good. The Brie makes this taste so rich!A keeper."
"I really enjoyed this soup and the leftovers reheated well. This recipe is a keeper."
"This was so easy to make and very tasty. Love it!"