- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed and chopped
- In a Dutch oven, saute the onion, celery and carrot in butter until crisp-tender. Add garlic; saute for 1 minute more. Stir in the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Combine flour and cream until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in the chicken, spinach and cheese. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken Vegetable Soup
Sort By :
"Simple and very good. The Brie makes this taste so rich!A keeper."
"I really enjoyed this soup and the leftovers reheated well. This recipe is a keeper."
"This was so easy to make and very tasty. Love it!"