It's easy to entice kids of all ages to eat their veggies when they appear in a creamy chicken soup created in our Test Kitchen. Brie cheese adds a delightfully mild flavor.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Recommended: 40 Flavor-Packed Healthy Soup Recipes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed and chopped
- In a Dutch oven, saute the onion, celery and carrot in butter until crisp-tender. Add garlic; saute for 1 minute more. Stir in the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Combine flour and cream until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in the chicken, spinach and cheese. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Chicken Vegetable Soup in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p99
Reviews for Creamy Chicken Vegetable Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2015
"Simple and very good. The Brie makes this taste so rich!A keeper."
Reviewed Sep. 29, 2014
"I really enjoyed this soup and the leftovers reheated well. This recipe is a keeper."
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2012
"This was so easy to make and very tasty. Love it!"